Sunday, March 30, 2008

Week 9 - Thing #21

I've been using student-created podcasts for over a year in my middle school library and now my high school library. I hope to use student-created podcasts as my dissertation topic because I believe that the impact of student-created podcasts is just starting to be realized. Student-created podcasts that contain content can be used over and over again by other students as study guides and for special needs students. We are starting to use podcasts with our ESL students for language practice and for listening to the English language.

I personally like Podcast Alley as a directory. ITunes University also has a lot of content that can be used in K-12 schools.

I've helped teachers with podcasts for poetry, novels, book reviews, current issues, science topics, 9th grade transition and biography speeches.

Here's a site that has booktalking podcasts: http://nancykeane.com/rss.html

No comments: