Monday, March 24, 2008

Week 7 - Thing #17

I just spent about 2 hours playing in the Sandbox - and didn't even contribute anything to the sandbox. I got completely lost among the links I was following and could only find my way back through the Browser's back button.

However - I discovered a couple of really cool ideas that I could us in my school library - for wikis and for podcasts. Which is the whole purpose of the sandbox of a wiki.

We have a very active School Library Listserv in Pennsylvania. I think it would be great if we moved this email listserv to a Web 2.0 tool like wikis and blogs. It would be searchable so that you could retrieve what others have contributed in the past. But it would also have to be proactive so that school librarians could ask a question of the group and get immediate answers. The great part about the listserv is that when someone asks a question - there a lot of responses and plenty of school librarians willing to help. Somehow, though I think the idea of the sandbox would have merit for this.

No comments: