Saturday, February 23, 2008

Week 5 - Thing #12

I created a Rollyo search for copyright free images. Students really don't get that images found in Google images are not free for the taking - even for school projects. We do have permission from our database vendors to use images in school projects as long as the images are being used for a class project and if we post them to the internet, they have to be behind a password protected site.

I create many links for my students to use in research projects and dump them into our Follett Destiny software using the Visual Search. But using the Rollyo would allow me to create one search box for all the sites together. What a great tool and a great way to get students to use credible sources!

Here's the Rollyo I created:


Powered by Rollyo

No comments: