Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Week 3 - Thing #7

My blog tonight concerns Classrooms For the Future and Collaboration. Today I spent a full day at Warwick High School at a CFF English Collaboration day and I am energized with that is happening in our PA schools.

Each CFF school must have a CFF Technology coach. Thanks to an awesome coach in our school (Hempfield High School) who truly understands the integral role of a school librarian, I have been very involved with the implementation of $500,000 worth of white boards and laptop carts.

Many of the central PA CFF schools sent English teachers and coaches - with 4 or 5 districts also sending librarians. What a wonderful opportunity to collaborate with other teachers outside our school and the ideas that we started to develop within the teachers from our school today were wonderful.

Truly, no matter how much I learn about technology, the key is having the time and opportunity to collaborate with teachers. Having the skills to use the best, coolest and most recent technology tools like Web 2.0 will help make my role even more valuable.

1 comment:

heallens said...

I am glad that you had the opportunity to see the excitement, collaboration and curricular projects going on in Central PA. I think you have two coaches who see how valuable your role is working with us.